We are excited to announce that we’re finally reopening for facial treatments on June 4! You can book your appointment now from our website or give us a call. We can’t wait to see you, and we can’t wait to get on with clearing the world of acne!
While we are excited, we are also approaching this with caution. We are taking our clients’ and our teammates’ safety very seriously. And while we have always practiced the highest levels of cleanliness and sanitation, we have implemented a number of changes to our in-clinic experience to protect everyone from the additional risks related to COVID-19. Here are a few that are most important:
- For the time being we will be treating only 1 client at a time. Also, we will be spacing out appointments in order to (1) minimize the number of people in our reception area, and (2) allow additional time to sanitize surfaces in-between appointments.
- In order to minimize the number of people in our clinic at any one time, we are asking that you please arrive for your appointment no earlier than five minutes before your appointment time and only bring essential belongings with you. With the exception of a parent accompanying a minor who is our client, we ask that adult clients not bring any extra guests.
- Touchless greetings, please! If by chance two (non-family member) clients are in our reception, please observe the six-feet apart rule in choosing your seat.
- The good news is that Clinically Clear is possibly the safest skincare clinic in Atlanta: we have an open floor plan! No walled-in spaces or closed doors. One client at a time, and ~1,000 square feet for any potential germs to freely disperse.
- Upon entering the clinic we will take your temperature at your forehead. We will ask anyone with a temperature of 99°F or higher to reschedule their appointment for at least 2 weeks later. We are also doing temperature checks for all of our employees when they arrive at work.
Masks and other PPE
- Everyone will be wearing a mask at all times, except the client during their facial treatment. Clients should please wear a mask upon entering the clinic (we can provide one); your esthetician will ask you to remove your mask to begin your facial treatment.
- Prior to COVID-19, it was common practice for our estheticians to wear disposable gloves while treating acne. This will continue for all facial treatments. Your esthetician will keep their mask on during your facial treatment and dispose of it in-between clients.
- Our estheticians may wear eye protection or face shields while performing extractions.
- We have disposable drapes to cover our clients from the waist up during facial treatments. If you are cold, please let us know and we will provide you a freshly-laundered sheet or blanket.
Additional health and sanitization precautions
- Please use the hand sanitizer we provide upon entering the clinic. Our estheticians have always and will continue to wash their hands for at least 20 seconds in-between clients, upon arrival or after breaks, etc. and finish with hand sanitizer.
- We have always disinfected and/or sterilized our treatment areas, instruments, and equipment in-between clients. We are now, additionally, disinfecting shared surfaces such as door knobs, fixtures, and our reception area throughout the day.
- We have also removed the linens from our facial beds; instead clients will lay directly on top of the bed which will have been cleaned in between each appointment with a disinfectant included on the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA’s) “List N: Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2”. We will similarly disinfect the treatment area counters in-between appointments.
- We understand not everyone who has contracted COVID-19 feels ill. If you have felt ill in the past or have been exposed to an individual with COVID-19 or exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, we respectfully ask that you wait at least 2 weeks before your facial treatment. Our employees will do the same.
Other exciting announcements (unrelated to COVID-19)
- Expanded appointment hours! Starting June 4, we will be open six days per week! We will see clients until 8pm at least one evening each week. Though unrelated to our social distancing precautions, this will allow us to serve more clients in a safe way.
- New estheticians! We are thrilled to welcome Karen and Torie to our team. They bring a wealth of skincare experience and knowledge to the treatment of acne. Stay tuned for their bios.
- New appointment software! We have transitioned to MindBody for our client accounts and appointment system. You can still book your appointments via our website. If you’re an existing MindBody customer or if you create a profile, you can use their app to book and manage your appointments going forward.
See you soon!