Becoming “Clinically Clear” is a journey that begins with your initial consultation and facial treatment, where we get to know each other and we get to know your skin. Together we create a treatment plan that works best for your skin and lifestyle. The rest of the journey consists of your home care routine (with products we’ve chosen specifically for you) and regular in-office facial treatments.
Because acne is both genetic and lifestyle-driven, we use a comprehensive treatment approach, integrating both conventional (endorsed by the American Academy of Dermatology) and complementary, cutting-edge therapies to get rid of existing acne and prevent new acne from forming.
To ensure long-term success, we incorporate three important elements into every treatment strategy: 1) acne education, 2) in-office treatments, and 3) an at-home regimen.
What To Expect
Each step puts you on the path to clear skin:
Acne education: Understanding your skin + its triggers
During your initial consultation, we’ll teach you everything you (n)ever wanted to know about acne—specifically, your acne. You’ll leave your consultation with a better understanding of your skin and acne triggers. You’ll also get detailed instructions on which products to use, when and how to use them, and why they’re important. Finally, we’ll make recommendations for nutrition and lifestyle changes that will help with the treatment process.
In-office treatments: Clearing acne + defending future breakouts
- Over the course of your treatment with us, you’ll come in for biweekly or monthly medical facials which typically include a deep cleansing, enzyme or chemical peels, extractions (pimple popping/blackhead removal), and sessions under the LED lamp. We use customized formulas and professional-grade products to decongest your skin, kill bacteria, and prevent new acne.
- During your scheduled visits, we also check in on your at-home regimen to ensure your routine is in place and the products are a good fit. We make adjustments as necessary.
- Treatments typically last 30-60 minutes, depending on your treatment cycle and your therapist’s evaluation of your skin.
- Emergency appointments: Got a big event this weekend and feel a pimple forming? Come see us. We take care of “emergency” extractions in the office to minimize the risk for infection and scarring.
At-home regimen: Developing a daily skincare routine
In-office treatments are vital to the acne healing process—but they are just one part of the solution. Because clients only visit us every one or two weeks, the majority of the skin clearing process takes place at home. That’s why we ask every client to adhere to a strict at-home regimen.
At-home regimens include:
1. Your own personalized product line
- We have assembled the most effective assortment of cleansers, creams, toners, serums, and exfoliators for your acne severity, skin type (oily, dry, or combination; sensitive/inflamed, etc.), and skin color. (Learn more about your skin color and how the use of certain products and ingredients can increase environmental sensitivities.)
- Our products include conventional ingredients, such as:
- Glycolic and salicylic acids and retinoids to decongest and exfoliate your skin
- Benzoyl peroxide to kill bacteria
- Other ingredients to control excess oil or inflammation and re-hydrate and protect your skin
- Note: When you begin using your products, let us know if you notice any of them interacting poorly with your skin. We are happy to exchange for a better-suited product
2. A take-home, step-by-step product guide
- Keep track of your products, when to use them, and the correct order for use with a handy how-to guide
Throughout your treatment, you’ll have access to us by phone, email, and text if you have any questions or encounter problems with your at-home regimen. We’ll also check in with you regularly.
Our Treatment Fees
Our clients embark on the journey to Clinically Clear by subscribing to a series of in-office treatments and the home-care regimen your esthetician recommended as part of your consultation. We experience the best results when our clients are able to schedule the right treatments at consistent intervals while using the right combination of products at-home.
Your in-office treatments will alternate among 30-, 45- and 60-minute medical facials; you’ll schedule these either weekly or bi-weekly (your esthetician will advise).
Throughout your treatment series, we encourage you to stop in for additional treatments, including additional Celluma blue light therapy and “emergency extractions” as needed (we REALLY don’t want you to be popping or picking at your zits at home). We include these in your subscription.
Our clients typically need 8-12 treatments to get clear; our total fees will range $750-$1,200 (after we apply your consultation fee).
The price for a 3-6 month supply of our homecare kits range from $150 – $300 (depending upon your specific skin condition).
Á la carte pricing
In rare cases, we treat clients on an á la carte basis. Specific services and fees are as follows:
Consultation fee: $150 (returned when you subscribe to our treatment series)
- 30-minutes ($90): A quick but deep cleansing, exfoliation (a peel), and sun protection
- 45-minutes ($115): Adds (to the above) extensive extractions and additional hydrating and healing treatments
- 60-minutes ($130): Adds (to the above treatment) a therapeutic or calming mask treatment and Celluma blue light therapy (clients should allow for 75-90 minutes)
Add-on and other á la carte services:
- Oxygen Rx treatment: $100
- Microdermabrasion: $65 (as 30-minute standalone), $35 (add-on to a standard treatment)
- Emergency extractions: $50 Celluma blue tight therapy: $40 (30 minutes)
Let’s face it together.
We have firsthand experience with the journey to clear skin, and we know the feelings of frustration and defeat that come with acne. We also know the freedom of finally defeating it. That’s why we focus solely on treating acne, to help our clients achieve long-term relief. Get in touch. We’ll help you find your success story.